Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Honoring Hearts

O.k. so I can't believe it has been 5 miserable days since you got to read my blogs. I know you missed me. JUST KIDDING! : P

BUT I did miss you.

I have some BREAKING NEWS. O.k, not like a tornado or anything, but Blogger Breaking News. {Random Question: Why do they call it breaking news?}
Next week I go on vacation.
I don't know if I will blog or not, but you hear about it when I return, once again to my ''Official Blogging Chair'' in my humble abode.
I will be gone from Friday night to June 5th.

So, I will get to my point :)

Mark 7:6 NIV 1984

 These people honor me with their lips,
   but their hearts are far from me.


Marko 7:6 (Swahili New Testament)


 6Yesu akawajibu, ``Nabii Isaya alisema ukweli alipotabiri juu yenu, ninyi wanafiki, kama ilivyoandikwa: `Watu hawa wanani heshimu kwa midomo yao, lakini mioyoni mwao wako mbali nami.



Mark 7:6-8 (The Message)

{More than our main verse.}

 6-8Jesus answered, "Isaiah was right about frauds like you, hit the bull's-eye in fact:

   These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
         but their heart isn't in it.
   They act like they are worshiping me,
         but they don't mean it.
   They just use me as a cover
         for teaching whatever suits their fancy,
   Ditching God's command
      and taking up the latest fads."

''These people honor me with their lips,'' You might go to church. You might sing the Worship Songs. You Talk-The-Talk. {I know so original, right? Sorry.}
But it's true. You say you love God, but do you truly find yourself lost in His presence?
Do you truly LOVE, Love? {God = Love}
Think about it. I will, too.

''but their hearts are far from me.''
Don't be far from God. It is cold far from him. If you don't mind the cold than just imagine it like a gazillion degrees. There is a verse that I have recently memorized that I want to share with you.
Hebrews 3:12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
Like how The Message puts it your heart is not in it.  Fix your thoughts on Jesus and He will rock your world. Not kidding.

I challenge you, Emilee to honor. TRULY HONOR God with your heart AND your lips.
I challenge you to honor. TRULY HONOR God with your heart AND your lips.

Im going to go now...Thanks for coming to visit me. Next time I will make some coffee. Maybe.
Cream and/or/neither sugar?

Sweet Dreams.
Love,
EmILeE KAyE

No comments:

Post a Comment