Friday, May 20, 2011

The Holy Spirit, More Prayer, and Swahili.

Hello everyone.
How are you?
Like I am totally ready for school to be OVER!! Are you? I have 6 days left :) Im {extremely} happy and all, but I just can't believe that summer is like here. :)

Here we go!


Romans 8:26 (English Standard Version)


 26Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For(A) we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but(B) the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

So, I have been looking for this verse for sometime, because I knew it existed, but had no idea where it would be. It turned out {after I looked in the back of my Bible} that it was on a page I already had bookmarked!

O.k. like isn't  this picture perfect? Basically what it is pointing at here is that we don't know how to pray like we should  right? So, lets read it in The Message {more than just verse 26 BTW}

Romans 8:26-27 (The Message)


 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

The Holy Spirit Himself begs God for us, because we are helpless :) ''He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans...'' When we don't know what to say...He understands. Have you ever {I have} said this prayer ''God, I have no idea what to say, but help me please.''?

Here is a quote that I have enjoyed.
Here are the two best prayers I know: ''Help me, help me, help me'' and '' Thank you, thank you, thank you.'' ~Anne Lamott Traveling Mercies
Also, there is a song by Jason Gray that this quote inspired... ~Help Me, Thank-You

So, when you don't know what to say....When there are awkward moments....When you aren't speaking to your husband {Jesus, just to clarify that}...You just simply start. With a Help Me. Help Us.
 Ya know how when you want to make new friends or want to talk to a friend after being apart people tell you to just start with a simple ''hi.''? Well, just start by telling God about your day...Tell him hello..Tell him that you are angry that you had a miserable day...Thank him for that clean water you are blessed with...That hot shower... ANYTHING!! Yes, you ask him for more serious things, but in relationships with my girlfriends you talk about your bad hair day and then you go to life and death situations in the next breath. So, You can tell Jesus about a silly thing and about the sad things. The Bible doesn't say He only cares for the ''serious stuff'' now does it?

When you don't know what to say...the Holy Spirit prays for you. How cool is that?
After all, like the verse says, He knows us better than we know us.

Since I am going to Uganda we found out that Swahili and English are the main languages there and we are starting to learn several words in Swahili...So, tonight I thought I would share our Bible verse in Swahilli. Is that cool?

Warumi 8:26 (Swahili New Testament)


 26Hali kadhalika Roho hutusaidia katika udhaifu wetu. Kwa sababu hatujui kuomba ipasavyo, lakini Roho mwenyewe hutuombea kwa uchungu usioelezeka kwa maneno.

I know, I know. It doesn't make sense, but I thought we could go all ''international'' tonight and other nights in the future as well :)

I hope you enjoyed some more insights on prayer and I will see you Treasures later.

Love, Your Blogger,
Emilee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment