Sunday, May 8, 2011

Emilee's Weekend ''Review'' and Jesus' True Family.

Hello Peculiar Treasures. How was your Mother's Day? {Even if you aren't a mother :) }
My weekend was wonderful. I will tell you something...I am not uploading my pictures from the weekend {yet}, because I have 177 {plus the ones that I have deleted} pictures of my weekend!

The first day we went to Harry S. Truman's Museum and Library!
It was very cool! If it hadn't been for him being a romantic...I might have thought that it was boring. He wrote over 1,000 love letters to his wife!! I like him.

Then, at the hotel I swam with my friend Sarah for like 3 hours!
That night we watched Say Yes To The Dress, Four Weddings, and ate junk food!
BUT we slept on the most uncomfortable bed  EVER!!

On Saturday we went to The Steamboat Arabia museum. Here is the story in as short of form as possible.
These 5 guys heard about this boat that had sunk in the 1850's and wanted to see where it would be today.
The river had changed its course so they ended up ''digging'' in a elder gentlemen's corn field or something.
Their plan was to dig it up...make some cash at an auction and be on their way, but it ended up being a 4 and a half story hole! Their ''hobby'' had gone to far, but im glad that they did it. We watched a little movie about them then one of the ''diggers'' stood up and answered questions! We looked around at all the boots, buttons, bobby pins, china, pickles {that the ''diggers'' had ate!}, and even the only passenger that died. A mule. Sad. Very, very sad.

THEN, we went to the World War 1 Museum...It was overwhelming...
The best part was taking pictures by an ''HAWAII FIVE-O table'' and we went up in this tower:




Awesome, right? I went up twice!

After we went there it was time to eat.
We went throught beautiful homes to go eat at Red Robin {YUMMMM}
When we were finished with an onion tower, fries, and humongous hamburgers...it was time to go home.
To say Chocolates and Coffee...

Anyway! This Mother's Day we went to church....ate lunch with some family...then tonight we went to The Little Apple to watch Soul Surfer {I highly recommend you watching it BTW}...


                Mark 3:31-35 Jesus Describes His True Family

 31 Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”
   33 “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.
 34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

I have always loved this passage. Always. How cool is it that Jesus could even claim you?
So, I know I have already said that Jesus is my husband. He is indeed, but in a non-wierd way at all He tells me here that I could be His mother and sister. How righteous is that? I know.
Ya know they always say in the B.I.B.L.E. that Jesus did have sisters {the same mom and dad kind}...I would love to know more about them ya know?  How awesome would it be to have Jesus as a brother...Like live in the same house on earth brother.....?  Don't you ever wonder about how many details we know in the Bible, but how many we will not know until eternity?
I also like how you just met someone at a camp or church and you already know they are your sister or brother in Christ...Like it is an amazing thing. Totally.


My brothers and sisters, thank-you for joining me. Thanks for reading. Thanks for following.
Love. Sing. Forgive. Care. Smile.
Live For Jesus.

<3,
Emilee <3 Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment