Tuesday, May 10, 2011

James 1:2-4 Devo :)

Have you ever heard a passage of Scripture so many times that you are just bored to tears? I have.
Ya know, I love many verses that are very well known, but sometimes when that verse comes up OVER...OVER...AND OVER again you just silently read it in your head and want to move on.
Well, I have many of those passages...here is one of them.
It seems everyone loves it ya know? Well, the reason they do is because it is awesome!
Take these Scriptures that you hear and actually HEAR them. Take Scripture apart to see what is happening on the inside. There is a verse in Hebrew {4:12....Look it up :) } that talks about Scripture cutting like a sword...judging are attitudes...
 
Did you hear that? Jesus was calling you. On your cell phone. O.k. so it wasn't on your cell phone, but he could do it! Your Bible sitting in the corner of your office and room is like your phone going off with your favorite song as a ringtone. So lets answer it already!

James 1:2-4 (New Living Translation)


Faith and Endurance
 2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
 
So, this Scripture is one of my former ''boring Scriptures''....
but if you actually listen to it... You get something from boring to brilliant.
 
{v2} Alot of people hate troubles, but wouldn't you like to just embrace them? It says hear to consider it an opportunity for joy. Not happiness {which is temporary BTW}, but joy. Pure Joy. You could have that joy with a little perspective...With an embracing attitude.
{v3} When your faith is tested you have a chance to grow. Yur endurance has a chance to grow. You can run with confidence and endurance and nothing can stop you and Jesus. Grow is a beautiful word. Sometimes. Pretty much 24/7! Just sayin'.
{v4} So let it grow! {No comment it says enough for itself. :) } When your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect in complete, needing nothing.
So, right now you are like ''Emilee, no way sirree is that in the Bible if it says you will be perfect!''
I get your perspective. Nobody's perfect. We were going to be perfect all the time, but that Lucifer had to ruin our everything. When your in heaven...you won't need anything...No sin is allowed. It will take all of our lives to come to that point of being ''fully developed'' as it says here.
Frankly, I can't wrap my mind around me NEVER dieing. I won't ever die!!! Well, I will, but when I die...my life begins. Wierd, huh? No...not really. It a perfect mystery.
 
Everyone...I am tired. I will see you guys soon, okay? Thanks for joining me!
<3,
Emilee <3 Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment