Sunday, March 27, 2011

~Sweet Soul Refreshing Friendship~

   Friendship.
We want it. We need it. We want people to be nice to us...BUT did you know that nice really means {in some foreign language dictionary} Nice-from the Latin ''nescius''- ''ignorant'' ''nescire''- meant ''not to know'' or ''not knowing''. So I don't know if you have noticed, but I try my best not to say ''She is super nice!'', because that would be an insult! {But kind...} ''Kind''Greek ''Chrestos'' CRAY- stans ~good natured~ Profitable, fit, good for any use..Of persons useful toward others.
So...obviously if I tell someone they are kind now that is a compliment! So we don't really want nice friends we want kind friends. So, you need to work on being a good friend yourself before you expect a friend that you aren't. You have to take the log out of you eye before you help {gently} take out anothers. Here are some examples of how I want to be remembered...or just plain defined as.

~2 Samuel 1:26
O my dear brother Jonathan, I'm crushed by your death. Your friendship was a miracle-wonder, love far exceeding anything I've known— or ever hope to know  ~The Message

O.k. so my name is not Jonathan...I obviously am not dead, but I want someone to think that my friendship was a miracle-wonder...I want people to say that I had a love far  exceeding anything They have known- or ever hope to know! I mean seriously guys!!!!

~Proverbs 27:9
Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul.

So like even though this sounds wierd...my friendship could compare to Sea Island Cotton lotion {!} and that is awesome! O.k. so maybe not how I make it out to be, but friendship refreshes the soul...Refreshes the soul! Did you hear me?
Can you recall the last time you finished a phone/face to face conversation with a friend?
I can. It is bitter-sweet because I really don't want to hang up, but you come away refreshed.
My friends and I talk about our lives...People we hope to witness to...all kinds of stuff. When I get off the phone after a much needed phone call I feel better. When I feel miserable or have a pity party that person can make me laugh and go to bed happy. Sometimes I still don't feel better, but it makes me feel good that they care...

Do you know Ruth? Well, if you don't go find a Bible and read it right now...The whole book is only 4 chapters...So go read it and come back to chat...Thank-you :)
I also dream about meeting Ruth because I think she is amazing! She was willing to sacrifice anything just so she wouldn't lose touch with her mother-in-law...She is an amazing woman!
I have said this before and Im saying it again. I want to be a Ruth in my Emilee Kaye sorta way.
I want to be an wonderful friend. I try to check up on my friends...Send them texts...email them...call them...See them....Anyway, I want my friends to feel special.  
I want to make a difference in their lives.

I also want my friends to not imagine having me as a friend without talking about God, Jesus, and the Bible.  I want everyone that knows me to know that I am a Jesus Freak and that my best friend was born in a manger!!! Most of them do...some say I am a Bible girl...and I listen to ''church music'', but it is the truth!! I AM a Bible girl and I DO listen to church music. {I would rather sing about God stuff than Girl drama! Just sayin'}
Try to influence people in the way you live.
Be honest.
Live for Jesus!
Check up on your family that you normally wouldn't talk to just because. You won't influence them by leaving them alone.
That is all for now guys!
Goodnight Friends!
Sweet Dreams.
Your friend,
 Emilee <3 Kaye :)

1 comment: