Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesus. My {Emilee's} Treasure, My Husband. My Everything.

Here is our Scripture for this evening:
...I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present to you as a pure virgin to Him. (v3) But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpant's cunning your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
~2 Corianthians 11:2-3 NIV

Before we get into that, here is our definition for devotion:
NOUN 
1. 
committed love: deep love and commitment
2. 
dedication: great dedication and loyalty
3. 
enthusiasm: strong enthusiasm and admiration for somebody or something
4. 
religious fervor: fervent religious or spiritual feeling
5. 
act of devoting: the act of devoting something or being devoted to a particular purpose
PLURAL NOUN 
1. 
prayers: prayers or other religious observances, especially somebody's private prayers or observances
 
Most of you {including me} wouldn't think as devotion as admiraton or deep love, but its a awesome thought...Don't ya think?
So, you might be married or single, but Jesus is the person you should love the MOST!
Paul's recommendation is to not even think about getting married, but if you do He also has some guidelines that you should follow.
 
 
 So, he is promising you to a perfect man that will marry you on your first date or on your millionth. He will never say something to hurt you or make you insecure, He will never die. He's perfect. He's fully God and fully human. He will never ignore your calls. He has written you a book that you most likely don't read as often as you should. He never rolls His eyes. He loves children. He has beautiful eyes. He doesn't watch football {or at least I dont think so :) }. He lives in heaven. He died so you can live.
 
You would never say no to Him right?! Then why are you?
 
Fall in love with Jesus.
You don't have to say a prayer that is super long. You can ask Him questions. You can cry. You can laugh.
Have a date with Jesus today. Just you and Him. Grab a Bible, read it, and pray.
Plus, on a date with Jesus you don't have to worry about what to wear!

How 'bout you?



I love this! Its the truth. {for any guy who is reading this transform the Boys to girls, thank-you}
I love boys who love Jesus <3
I hope you make it a priority...not just a cute flair....


I love Jesus. He loves me.


I hope this becomes true to you or already is.


You didn't think a 12 year old could be in love did you?
You thought wrong.


Ever had a moment when you just see couples everywhere? Have you ever ate a meal with a couple? Ever experienced a terrible Valentines Day? Do you wish facebook didn't have to know if you were single or not? {The questions could go on and on and on}
Listen to the song: Hold Me by Jamie-Grace
and the song More Like Falling In Love by Jason Gray.

Goodmorning to many of you and goodnight to you night owls like me :)
Im gonna go read and pray.
Don't forget about that date you have with Mr. Right.
He wouldn't miss it for anything.
I need to go for real now, because I could be here all night!

Love,
Emilee
Kaye



No comments:

Post a Comment