Saturday, October 1, 2011

Reporting from Kansas City...

Hey everyone!
It is good to type to you ;)
I didn't think I would get to blog this weekend!! We have WIFI @ the hotel.
Well, today was thee official day of ''The Walk.'' We got here last night around dinner time...
I will tell you that I have not seen a skyline yet. I don't know if I will unless I talk Mom and Dad into taking me tomorrow before we leave :) This morning we headed to the walk, came back, had J girls' 1st
Birthday party, and us girls shopped! I even enjoyed shopping. That is a huge accomplishment...
We have walked so much today. Our feet are just plain sore.
{Back to the shopping trip} I got 2 scarves FOR FREE! We had a coupons that we picked up @ the walk. I also got a new shirt. BUT, this is what I really wanted to tell you. I knew you would celebrate with me. Mom and I went to the bookstore...and got a latte afterwards! That sentence contains two of our favorite things! Ya know what book I bought at the store? Peculiar Treasures. I thought of you, dear ones.
I have read it, but I am ''collecting'' that series one by one. I will probably read it again, too.
In fact, I might start tonight or tomorrow!
That series had a huge impact on my love for orphans, but in general the whole continent of Africa.
Jesus placed Africa on my heart in such a way no one else on earth ever could.. Ever.

For those of you that have no idea what I talk about when I say ''The Walk'', below I will explain.

JDRF stands for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation {International}. My nephew has Type 1
diabetes and he was diagnosed at 11 months. He has at least 4 shots of insulin a day...and countless ''pokes''. He is a wonderful little guy and we love him! We come every year {with the exception of last year} to get together for a really great cause.

BTW, as I finish this up I hear cars passing on some kinda highway nearby. I love the city!!

Well, I would love to stay and chat, BUT all the lights are out. So, I'm takin' that hint :)
See ya when I get home!
Reporting from Kansas City,
I'm Emilee Kaye.

P.S. I also got to meet the most precious little girl today. She is 3 and a half months and she is practically family :) So fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment