Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas in October. {{A Shopping Tale}}

Hello you treasure of a people! How beautiful is it that through His grace we may be called Peculiar Treasures. {Notice that wasn't a question. :) }
Well, today my friends we went shopping. For a person that hates shopping it seems I sure do blog about it alot! ANYWAY, we went shopping with my Grandma Dixie mainly for clothes for our trip. {Can you believe how close it is? Mind blowing!} We left our driveway @ about 9 and reached the driveway shortly after 6. It was a long, but productive day. Mom and I have mainly everything we need...except the last minute purchases. You won't believe how relieved we are now. {At least I am ;) } We can just soke it all in and prepare. As much as we actually can prepare. Immediately following purchasing my last skirts I was talking about how much better I felt. Today I am absolutely getting more and more excited for our trip.
We {the whole team and I} would appreciate your never ceasing prayers! Pray for our meetings, team building, safety, etc.

Back to shopping: While most of the shopping was ok, I enjoyed the Christian bookstore most. Surprise, surprise. I could have stayed in there all. day. long. Reading commentaries and all! {I will let you know that
I was going to buy one, but Mom informed me that that was my Christmas present ;) }
I bought this book. It took me a total of 5 seconds to decide I was buying it.



I also was blessed with a Coffee with God journal. How perfect is that?
ANYWAY!

I bought TobyMac's 1st Christmas Album: Christmas in Diverse City.
So, after Mom and I got home we {Mom, Dad, and I} piled up in the truck to listen to the Christmas c.d.
Call us crazy, but we had fun.  While living in Mississppi our house was featured in our church's Tour of Homes. Mom started cleaning windows in late October to start preparing and we blasted the Christmas music up loud! BUT then some church friends came over and we were labeled by them ''The family/The girl that listens to Christmas music in October.'' :)  It will turn into a tradition now I suppose!

I am so looking forward to this season and all that God will do through it. If we look back on this past Summer we should be utterly amazed at the little things...as well as the big things. Doesn't that make you excited for a new season? I hope it does. So, lets welcome this season w/ great joy! Even if it is a season of trial.

Isaiah 6:8
 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
   And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”


Reading!
(1) While preparing for our trip we have to read a book called The Long Road To Hope. It tells the story of how this Family Center came about from the very beginning. (2) The Katie Davis Book (3) I went to a friends house this past week to borrow some books. I have started one of the four.

So, if you would excuse me, I have to go read and have some coffee w/ God! {Not literally. It's 11:30 :D}

Blessings,
Emilee Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment