Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yearning.

Hey Bloggies!
I totally was going to start this blog earlier! Uuggg!
ANYWAY, do you know what yesterday was?
Our anniversary :)
I have been blogging for 5 months and 1 day :)

Tonight we are going off of Psalms and skipping a few chapters into the book of Proverbs.

Proverbs 84:1-2 NIV
{v1} How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
{v2} My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Look up this Scripture in at least one different translation.
Have some quiet time with Jesus later whether for the first or zillionth time.
Think about how lovely heaven really is.
Learn the desire for the One true God.
Cry out to Jesus. please.... :)

How lovely is His dwelling place? Notice that in Scripture this isn't a question.
It is telling Him what He already knows. When you tell God He's awesome...He delights in it. Not that He is an insecure God, but He desires for you to desire Him. When I was little I used to get confused...Why do we pray if he knows everything anyway {?}, praying to God at the end of the day...is
time extremely well spent. It's the most important time really. You seriously feel relieved. Just like when you are just chomping at the bit to tell someone this very thing that happened today. The way that person made you feel. The way they talked to you. The things you accomplished, but then your best friend can't talk what are you to do? Pray. Simple as that. It really is simple. You just think to Him and he listens as if you had a microphone that went straight to heaven.
 Tell Him how you feel.
I always end up discussing prayer. I will never do the subject justice.

My soul yearns......
Yearning. {That would make a great book title, but a blog title will do.}
I believe that every soul is yearning......for satisfaction.
But, true satisfaction is only fulfilled with the living God. {Read it again, go ahead...}
He is not a fairytale. He is FOR REAL!
Here the author is longing for heaven.
Longing to feel His presence.
Yearning...for time to spend away from distractions.
From his Facebook and Cell Phone {Okay, so maybe that would be the case today, but do you get where im goin' with this?? :) }...

My heart and flesh cry out for the living God.

The flesh crys out...

Beautiful message. Gorgeous prayer.
I read it tonight and just HAD to share it with you.

I love you guys.
Thanks for coming to hang with me.
Love, Your Blogger,
Emilee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment