Monday, July 11, 2011

Seeking, Recounting, and More :)

O dear Bloggies,
How I have missed your presence. You don't know how much better I am going to feel when I go to bed pretty soon, because I have blogged. 

Well, this evening {time} we will be dicussing Psalm 119:9-13.
Let us begin!

 Psalm 119:9-13
New International Version 1984
   ב Beth
 
 9 ''How can a young man keep his way pure?....''
   Let me stop right there. When you are at church...or in a Christian group and someone would ask you this what would you say? You would say by reading the Bible most likely, right? Or this answer:
   ''...By living according to your word.''
It is the true answer, but do we listen to our own answers? To our own suggestions?
To our words? It says by living according to Your word. By taking into consideration what His word means and living by the Word's example.
This is ANOTHER example of the ''boring'' Sunday School question turning into a brilliant way to live.

Here is what a study note in my Bible says on this verse.

We are drowning in a sea of impurity. Everywhere we look we find temptation that lead to impure lives. The psalmist asked a question that troubles us all: how do we stay pure in a filthy environment? We cannot do this on our own, but must have counsel and strength and wisdom? By reading God's Word and doing what it says.

10 I seek you with all my heart;
   do not let me stray from your commands.

That word seek again!
This verse resembles Verse 8 in alot of ways, remember?
It said I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

To give you more perspective on this verse lets read the definition for the word seek and for the word heart.
Seek...To:
  • search for something
  • strive for something
  • ask for something
  • head for something
  • attempt something


with all your heart 

1. 
completely
 

2. 
sincerely
Do you strive for a sincere relationship with God with all that you are?
Ask yourself and ask God to never let you ''slack'' in your relationship with Him again.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
   that I might not sin against you.
This is a verse that you most likely have heard before, but you wouldn't have known the verse  before it.
Well, this is a popular verse, but more than that...it is a precious verse. It is the Word of the living God!
Hello! :)
Read it again--go ahead.
Hide His Word, meditate on these things that glorify Him.
12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
   teach me your decrees.
Declare His name, Praise Him. Learn about Him.
 {Love ya Jesus!!}
13 With my lips I recount
   all the laws that come from your mouth.
In verse 13 I think of it as my ''memorizing'' verse. Especially since as of this last week I have memorized Hebrew Chapter 1 through 6...and I am now in the middle of chapter 7. With my lips I recount {Sort of like counting blessing :) } all the laws that some from Your mouth.
Everything that comes out of the Lord's mouth is sacred and the fact that we get to say, retell, recount, and share His words  is nothing short of magnificent. Even if we are grumpy about it sometimes.
                                                          ~ <3 ~ <3 ~
Ty Bloggies!
I appreciate the time you take to spend with me.
In His Abounding Love and Awesomeness,
Emilee <3

P.S. Also, Ty {Thank-you} for helping me reach over 1,000 pageviews! It blows my mind! I remember when it was at like 300...and that wasn't very long ago :) Thank you followers :) You are just so precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment