Sunday, December 9, 2012

i just have to show up.

On the way home from a dinner theater with friends this evening:

Me: Yea, I keep telling everyone that this year is my year to meet my future husband. My Grandparents went to the eighth grade dance together; they've been married for 53 years this December. Plus, friends of ours {so and so} have been married a long time as well met in the eighth grade.

Well, let's call her Martha--Martha: {after we all had a few giggles} You do know that that is very unrealistic, right?

Me: Well, yes, of course.

Conversation continues rapidly... a few minutes later:

Martha: So where do you predict that you are going to meet this future husband of yours this year?

Me: That's for God to decide. I just have to show up.

Then, for some reason the truck erupted with laughter. Grin.



Today is a day that my blog from yesterday kept beating me over the head. Life is hard. Ugly, painful tears were shed. We will learn about that more, Lord willing, in our next post. For now, continue savoring His Word and the time that you shall intentionally spend in it. He is good when life is not. Remember how He paints! :)

Today's list of littles:

  • A pat on the back.
  • Making a hot chocolate package to giveaway.
  • It was Layne + Lance's {of cLOVErton} birthday today.
  • Time to be a good + true introvert. I take those moments where I can.
  • Hazelnut cream coffee from a friends keurig.
  • Laughter.
  • A good, short, heartwrenching cry.
  • Quoting + discussing different scenes from Andy Griffith with a friend from church.


Oh, and one more 'little':

That African Grandpa shirt. I love it. Speaking of eighth grade, that's the guy that met his bride in that very year! :) If He wills, my Dad will have a shirt like that someday!


I got treasure up in heaven; I got dirt all over me,
Emilee

No comments:

Post a Comment