Thursday, November 3, 2011

November! (What! Already?)

Hello my brothers and sisters!
How are you? Can you believe it is Novemeber 3rd?
Actually I can...I just don't want to! We seriously purchased Egg Nog yesterday. Christmas will be her before we know it. I am totally saying that excitedly, though. I love Christmastime!  <3
Five years ago today I became friends with the Man of my dreams. Of my eternity.
I sorta forgot until I thought about what day it was. Of course, then I smiled :) It's my 5th Spiritual birthday!
My Mom and I were starting school and at that time we had a little devotional book
for girls 5-7 or something. That day it was about becoming a child of God- being in the family of believers.
When Mom asked me if I wanted to be a ''child of God'' I said yes :)
I wanted her to pray for me so bad, but of course I was the one that had to do it.
Of course I don't remember my wording, but I wish I did :) I sobbed my little eyes out!
I was so happy. I'm still happy and on top of that- joyful.
I remember being in my loft or in my fort I made with my brothers reading my pink Bible.
I also journaled. {I still do. I started doing it on a regular basis last November though.} I love looking back and seeing how what I prayed for then is different now.
I especially like reading when I said, ''I just wish I was 11 or 12 or 13.''  In my ''young'' handwriting.
So sweet. I can't wait to sit down someday with you and here your story.

This week has been pretty awesome. It is flying, thats for sure! This Tuesday I babysat in the morning and went out to eat with my Mom and a wonderful young lady we are going to Africa with. Talk about soul refreshing friendship!! It was so sweet to visit and share stories.
Yesterday Mom and I went shopping with a sweet lady from church.
We laughed until our sides hurt! In Wal-Mart. You can only imagine! I am still grinning when I think about it. Then last night we went to church. My parents went to Home Group and I went to PowerHour.
It was such a sweet, sweet time. I love my brothers and sisters.
Tonight we ate supper and then I headed to babysit for a little while before heading here...with you bloggies :) Then, tomorrow morning I am babysitting again :)

Before I leave you for this evening I am going to share some Scripture. You're always up for that, right? ;)


Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

17 The LORD your God is with you,
   the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
   in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
   but will rejoice over you with singing.”

Last night someone prayed for me and said, ''God, rejoice over her with singing... As you say in Zephaniah....'' Afterwards they said, ''Isn't that cool? He rejoices over us with singing.''
Sometimes when it is put in personal terms like that it becomes more significant and precious to you.
It is very precious to me! Any prayer like that just blesses you and makes your heart sing.
This verse has came up in the past, with a Bible Study we just finished up, and now last night.
Also, today while I was listening/singing to some of my favorite music I found a song called ''Singing Over Me'' by Kari Jobe. How perfect is that?
So, children of God- He will take great delight in you. He will rejoice over you with singing.

Love,
EMiLeE

No comments:

Post a Comment