Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Knowing.

Hhheeeeayyyyyy :)
How are ya'll doin'?
In my prayers and Bible-reading I have come across like a zillion lines about knowing. God knows everything. He is everywhere. Simple truths that change your perspective. IF you actually listen to them...Apply them...Meditate on them.
So, for me my latest ''theme'' is serving, listening, and being humble. {Ok...So its three things, but they tie together beautifully.}
This is the first time in the Bible that knowing is mentioned {in this version of course...}.

Genesis 3:4
The serpent told the Woman, "You won't die. God knows that the moment you eat from that tree, you'll see what's really going on. You'll be just like God, knowing everything, ranging all the way from good to evil."

This is one of the last times.

Hebrews 13:1
[ Jesus Doesn't Change ] ''Stay on good terms with each other, held together by love. Be ready with a meal or a bed when it's needed. Why, some have extended hospitality to angels without ever knowing it! Regard prisoners as if you were in prison with them. Look on victims of abuse as if what happened to them had happened to you.......''

The definition of knowing:
knowing
Definition
ADJECTIVE 
1. 
indicating private knowledge: suggesting that somebody knows a secret or something that others are unaware of
"a knowing smile"
2. 
astute: aware of things and able to act cleverly and judge shrewdly
3. 
showing intelligence: having knowledge, information, or understanding
4. 
intentional: done on purpose
know·ing·ly ADVERB
know·ing·ness NOUN
(1) How many knowing smiles and actions has He made toward you? You are blessed.
Personally, I loved to read that. God and I can have those little ''private jokes'' and ''private knowledge'' {not bad secrets or wrong jokes....Just to clarify :)  } that I treasure in friendships, because He knows everything. (2) He is aware of everything. Period. (3) He shows intelligence alright!
He know everything. He understands. (4) He is an intentional God. You purpose on earth, His love for you is not coincidence.
Im going to share some more amazing verses on knowing and God knowing.
Job 28:24
"God alone knows the way to Wisdom, he knows the exact place to find it. He knows where everything is on earth, he sees everything under heaven. After he commanded the winds to blow and measured out the waters, Arranged for the rain and set off explosions of thunder and lightning, He focused on Wisdom, made sure it was all set and tested and ready. Then he addressed the human race: 'Here it is! Fear-of-the-Lord—that's Wisdom, and Insight means shunning evil.''
How awesome is that verse?!!! He knows the way...He know the EXACT place to find it. He knows where everything-and everyone- is on earth.
He tells the lightning where to land.
This line is from a verse in Isaiah:
He's learned it all from God-of-the-Angel-Armies, who knows everything about when and how and where.

Im going to leave you tonight with another 2 verses to ponder on.
I want you to think about them and I encourage you to look them up in your own Bibles. I'm going to.
Isaiah 40:27
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying, "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind.
  {God lasts. Sigh.}
This is the very popular passage, right? The eagle verse. I sometimes skim over it, because I had heard it so many times before. BUT {!} the message is indescribable. I really love how The Message puts it...
Jeremiah 15:10
[ Giving Everything Away for Nothing ] Unlucky mother—that you had me as a son, given the unhappy job of indicting the whole country! I've never hurt or harmed a soul, and yet everyone is out to get me. But, God knows, I've done everything I could to help them, prayed for them and against their enemies. I've always been on their side, trying to stave off disaster. God knows how I've tried!
Not exactly a ''feel good'' verse, but sometimes you might feel this way. You've helped them! You've tried to serve them. You have tried to love your enemies. You have even prayed for them!
You know how in the Bible it talks about your reward coming IF you do things for God and bsically to not show off? That goes along here. God knows your effort, desires, and defeat. He knows all about it.
So, wait for Him. He will give you your full reward, give you His plan for you, and your enemies will get theirs as well. In His timing.


 I don't think I could ever do what these verses and words mean justice, but God laid it on me to share with you. I pray it helped you look at that word a little differently the next time you here it.

I catch myself telling God something and saying, ''Ya know?''
Of course He does :)

Rest in that. Wait for Him.

PRAY!
Love,
Emilee <3
 P.S. Shout out to ''Im Sorry. Your Fine.'' and ''The Claw... Awwwww!''
You know who you are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment