Friday, June 10, 2011

Songs and Beautiful Things.

O.k. so last night I shared some lyrics and tonight I am going to share with you some songs I have been jammin' to tonight and some songs that have been stuck in my head. Ya know, the ones where you are bobbing your head to the beat of the song, but then you realize that you are the only one doing it. :)
It happens all the time!!


Jeremy Camp!
This is the original ''head-bobbin' '' song :)
Jesus, You are the Way!!


~Dave Barnes!
I love this song. And in case you don't know this about me yet, I am a hopeless romantic and I ooohhhh and awww in almost every love-story. {He sings in ''my'' Emily song too...}


O.k. so I cannot stop playing these songs!!
~Chris August
-Im gonna sing



~Chris August
-Stranger


~The Royal Tailor
-Hold Me Together

~Matthew West
-Strong Enough



Did you enjoy them?

So, like seriously... Do ya'll know who Bethany Hamilton is?
Well, her story is what the movie ''Soul Surfer'' is based on.
I have been reading her Devotional Book and last night one Devo was about Mark 14 when Mary gave Jesus perfume. Then, tonight I read about Mary again. So, tonight I am going to share a verse that I liked.

Mark 14:6

New International Version
   6 “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.

First of all I love that the older guys were picking on her and Jesus told them to leave her alone. My husband is amazing. Just sayin'.
 Then, he says ''She has done a beautiful thing to me.'' Sigh.
Do you do things that Jesus would consider pure, gorgeous, and holy?
What beautiful thing could you do for Him?
Marys was to give Jesus perfume...Serving Him with that symbol. Which beautiful thing has your name written all over it?

A Few Beautiful Things:

Witnessing.
Praying.
Serving.
Smiling.
Making someone laugh.
Singing Praise.
Reading The Bible.
Even pouring perfume on Jesus' head.
{Does that sound wierd? :) }


VBS has been awesome this week! I was part of the ''Panda Preschool Music Team'' and an assitant crew leader. It was a blast. I was excited for it to be here and glad for it to leave. Our program on Sunday will be fun, too.

Thanks for letting me air my thoughts.
Join me again soon, ok?

Pray.


Love,
EmILeE

No comments:

Post a Comment