Monday, December 30, 2013

all sorts of birthdays.

Whew, it's practically the 30th.

How was everyone's Christmas? Ours was good. It was very bittersweet, because it was our first Christmas without Grandpa, but the Lord saw us through. Here are a few pictures from this past week and various celebrations.

We'll start with... Christmas Eve!

 
We continued our tradition that began last year by spending it at our church's evening service and then spending the rest of the evening with the Lenhart's.

Christmas morning our family exchanged our presents, 2/3 of us took a nap, & then we went to join our crew at Grandma's up the street for the rest of the day.


 
My cousin Nathaniel & I sporting the gear we had just received. KSU & sunglasses & cousin love. :)
 
 

On our way to Grandpa's cemetery.



After dinner, presents, & a visit to the cemetery, we played games for the remainder of the day. My Uncle & I were on a team together & beating up on everyone else - here he is with my glasses & his game face on.



On Friday afternoon, my oldest brother & his fam arrived. Austin & Jamisyn were playing with some of their presents in the picture above.




 
That night they both piled in & had a sleepover in Aunt Emilee's room! That toothless grin on the left makes me melt.


Last night as we were preparing for dinner, my sister-in-law, Tonya, & I came upstairs to get comfy. J-girl followed me into my room & found my Jesus Storybook Bible. "Can you read this Bible to me, Emilee?" Yes, darling, I would love to.
 
 
 
After dinner, the gals congregated in the dining room to play Dutch Blitz and Scrabble before the big KSU game.
 
This afternoon we sent them off after a morning at church and a cold afternoon of shopping.  
 
Today marks two special birthdays... {although I've discovered several other friends' birthday on the 29th!}
 
First, we'll share Miss Makenna's! She is TWO today! Can you believe it, treasures? Love that lil' light bunches.
 
 
 
Doesn't that lil' pink marshmallow make ya happy? Last Sunday we all met at a nearby park & I took lil' light on her first sledding adventure! 'Twas a happy afternoon.
 
 
 
...& last but not least tonight we went to celebrate Auntie Diane's birthday! We love her to pieces and here is one of her fun cupcakes that we enjoyed.
 
Now, if you'll excuse me... I have a date.
 
 
Sweet dreams, treasures!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment