How are my lovely friends doing?
It's January. It's the month of crossing out that darn 2013 and writing 2014. A month of crossing out all the grief and the bad habits of the year before and starting fresh.
I kick-started this month with a day in bed with the flu. Whoop whoop! It wasn't a picnic by any means, but I got to lay in bed & complete season one of Grey's Anatomy. Which brings us to my list of fun facts about January!
- Grey's Anatomy. Judge all you want, but it's pretty darn fantastic. It's actually pretty sad how much I'm tweeting about Grey's (and nothing else most days). Between writing a brand new story centered in Mississippi, reading my new books, & Grey's - my free time is very happy!
- I may have spent new year's day sick, but I spent new year's eve with my long lost sister and her hubby feasting & watching The Help. Of course, she's not actually my sister, but she might as well be! These newlyweds just moved to town this fall & I'm so very thankful they did!
- I'm the new church librarian! Much excitement, adrenaline, and plans are underway. I believe there is a great ministry opportunity in filling & tending to those bookshelves.
- I am working on a new story (as I mentioned above) that I am very excited about. I do my best at trying to be writing in it between 11 & 1 every night. That's the best case scenario, however.
- I didn't recover from Christmas denial until around January 15th.
- Judy Howard Peterson came to our church earlier this month for a retreat. She has been here three years in a row now & we have become pretty good friends throughout the different year's activities. Every time she comes I'm inspired in a new way. This year she talking about 'In Christ'. It was good stuff that I still find myself chewing on every day.
- A few days into this month I started working through the book of Isaiah. A lot of my favorite Scriptures are there & I wanted to read the book in it's entirety. My devotional book last year had rich truths, but I'm so happy to be back to this sort of daily study!
- Finals... they happened the second week of January. The end.
- I'm beginning a new obsession with Audrey Hepburn. I haven't watched a lot of movies yet, but every one I've watched, I've LOVED.
- I made a new year's resolution to be less sarcastic. NOT!
- On the 2nd I was introduced to a store I fell in love with: The Dusty Bookshelf. It's perfection and I could go on for days.