Wednesday, February 26, 2014

bistro bliss inspiration

Hey there, beautiful.

Or handsome.


“You'll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips, airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else. A living, breathing, screaming invitation to believe better things.”


I'm at a coffee shop - at Bluestem Bistro in a lovely little corner of Aggieville.  If you don't love to just come sit in a place like this, I don't understand you.

For me, it is beyond inspiring - the perfect place to study, write, and people watch.

The coffee steam, the rattling keys, everyone listening to their own playlists, job interviews in one corner, someone smiling at their phone at the other.

The sweet guy that took my order...

The girl that was dishing dirt on a homeschool boy she and her best friend knew. I grimace at the words.

Across the way one girl asked, "Have you read Kisses From Katie?" and my heart smiles. Just this morning my long lost sister sent me a text about that book that I just lent to her.

As I type these words, there is a cute couple waiting for their lattes. I will soon find out that they ended up sitting close on the couch in the foyer of this little packed bistro. They are reading the Word together. You can see that she respects him & I bet that he really loves her.

Earlier a girl sat next to me and the only thing inspirational I have to say about her is that she taught me how to not study. She scrolled facebook with her book open & studied for a total of maybe five minutes. It was pathetic. End of story.

People walk briskly by & some people sit back & take it easy.

I may be listening to Mumford & Sons, but Brandon Heath's message in his song "Give Me Your Eyes" is reminding me to look at these people and not only see their shell, but to be aware for their soul. Where are they going? How can I be a light to them today? How can I show them that someone loves them? We need these people to challenge us. Challenge us to become more like them - or to challenge us to never become like them. Whether they are a close friend or a total stranger, we need to be sharpened by all of them, whether we like them or not. Especially when we don't like them.

What is inspiring you to be a better Light today?


And he will give rain for the seed with which you sow the ground...”         -Isaiah 30:23



Be someone's screaming reason to believe better things today and take heart, friends.

Sincerely,
Emilee

Matthew 5:13-16 :) be them.


No comments:

Post a Comment